Study: 60% of young Americans plan to buy firearms. The other 40% were confused, saying they thought they were free under Obamacare. #tcot
— Fred Thompson (@fredthompson) January 22, 2013
Read the story below:
Sixty percent of high school and college students say they plan on owning guns at a later stage in life, an academic study from American University revealed on Monday.
According to a brand new study, sixty percent of young Americans plan on purchasing firearms in the future.
According to the study, about 40 percent of the American students surveyed said they definitely planned to own firearms once they had established their own households. Another 20 percent said they were â€œcontemplatingâ€ owning guns.
Those findings were part of a broader study conducted by American University professor Jennifer L. Lawless and Loyola Marymount professor Richard L. Fox which focused on the political opinions of young Americans. The study was conducted prior the recent Newtown massacre, but after the Aurora theatre shooting.
Lawless told Campus Reform on Tuesday that in her view the findings were proof that President Obama should move swiftly, and without the permission of Congress if necessary, in order limit the availability of firearms.